View Single Post
Old 05-07-2022, 02:13 PM   #10
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

Re: Help picking the right boat

In my experience, that pathfinder is too deep of a V hull for inshore. My suggestion for consideration is a used Boston Whaler Outrage around 22'.
I've been to the middlegrounds in a 21' version like this. Put all your dive equipment and coolers up front, strapped down good. They ride very well with the weight up front. Strapping/Mounting the tanks down on the front sides was a challenge but it can be done. As always, you'll need to pick your days, but that Outrage made the cut for us even when it got nasty...and they're designed whereby they're pretty much impossible to sink. That's a very nice feeling when your bilge pump(s) is in question or has failed...or thru hull connections have broken (ALWAYS use brass below the waterline)
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law

Last edited by Marcus; 05-07-2022 at 02:24 PM.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote