Thread: New guy
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 07:50 PM   #14
Bonedaddio

Re: New guy

So I got some work done on the boat, found a good place for the tank brackets up front (per Marcus' advice!), and got to go out for the first time on Sat. AM.
Initial visibility was maybe 40-50 ft., which got worse later as the wind kicked up. We came back in 4 footers, and the tanks stayed nicely in the brackets, didn't move a bit.
My friend, mentor and a damn good marine mechanic, Mike went along. We were maybe 8-10 miles out of Anchlote, in around 30 ft. of water. 3 dives, first one was fish everywhere, truly large gags, no legal scamps, small mangos and the usual grunts and some decent legal Hogs, I got 3, Mike got 3. The other dives were not as productive, Mike got one more, and I missed one (a nice one, of course).
All in all, it went really well; I'm psyched just about out of my mind to do this again!! Already filled my tanks!
Check out the metal gun in the picture; in it's stock config, after you pull the trigger, the bands and yoke would naturally dip down to the metal tube and "grab" the black nylon bushings and push them to the front of the gun. It shot weird.
So I put 1" I.D. electrical PVC sections on it to make the spear butt and yoke not dip, and keep the bushings in place. Works really well, gun is pretty accurate now, and the bushings ain't goin' nowhere!!
The leftovers were fish tacos tonight, and I'm really excited to go again!!
Thanks all of you for the advice and input!!
Just too cool, this sport is!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3958-sml.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	237965   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3978-sml.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	237966  
Bonedaddio is offline   Reply With Quote