Thread: New guy
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 09:27 PM   #6
Bonedaddio

Re: New guy

Will do, Rroop32.
So I got with Neal at Bill Jackson's for a 4hr. training/refresher/spearfishing noob session, and it was invaluable! Tried out some long fins and LOVED them, bought a pair, figured out how to cock a speargun without nutting myself while not moving around too much, got my weights and gear sorted, and got my buoyancy control back. He is the best, and a great guy!!
Putting plugs and tank brackets in the Outrage, and going out (hopefully) on Friday with my mechanic, another great guy. I'm a lucky baastaaad!

I also got to sort out wetsuit and weight belt setup for free diving, etc. I was tired when I got done, but really felt like it was worth it.

Got a couple of questions, if anyone wants to help (as in: "Don't do it, you fool!!! No no no no"):
-What would a used Aluminum 80 (1995 I think; needs a Hydo and VIP which would cost $50.00, the last Hydro was in June of 2005) be worth? Has a boot and a cap.
-What would an Oceanic Bioflex Kevlar BCD be worth?? Assuming good condition.
I'm obviously looking at some used gear.
BTW, if anyone in the Tampa/St. Pete area is looking, Jackson's has used AL 80's, new Hydro and new VIP with an air fill for $129.00 Seemed like a good deal, got one for the boat. Might get another.
Thanks!
Bonedaddio is offline   Reply With Quote