Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum

Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum (http://www.spearboard.com/index.php)
-   California Spearfishing (http://www.spearboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Broken Mako :( (http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=124504)

TaxiCabezon 05-12-2011 10:35 AM

Broken Mako :(

Last weekend, my mako broke for no apparent reason. I was checking the trigger mechanism before my dive and the handle broke off as soon as I squeezed the trigger.. (Thank god I didn't take the gun out and try to load it in the water.) Has anyone had any problems similar to this with their guns? Can I fix it? OR receive a discount on my next purchase?

Toby

ddonnell 05-12-2011 10:38 AM

Re: Broken Mako :(

Call Dano about this STAT. He'll more than likely send a new one out at no charge.

Postmortem 05-12-2011 10:39 AM

Ya Dano is really great they have excellent customer service

ralphthehalibut 05-12-2011 10:42 AM

Mako will take care of you.

sdfreediver 05-12-2011 11:02 AM

Post some pictures of the gun.

Agreed, Dano will make it right for sure.

Ethan kills 05-12-2011 11:26 AM

I'm sure dano will help you out. I snapped a weightbelt after about 10 dives and he overnighted 2 replacements, one of which is still in the box today.

Bear Down 05-12-2011 11:33 AM

Had an issue with the safety on mine and after sending a new safety that didn't fix, they sent me a whole new grip.

gettin'wet 05-12-2011 11:45 AM

Like everyone has already said, Dano stands behind his equipment and will definitely help you out. Did you buy the gun new or used? How long have you had it? His guns have an excellent warranty.

Also, did the handle break off right where it connects to the barrel? This happened to me on another gun (not Mako).

YakAtak 05-12-2011 12:02 PM

Dano is out of control awesome about his warranties, just call him, he will more than take care of you.

nilsonov 05-12-2011 12:13 PM

Definatly post up some pics or give more details on how it broke. would be good to know what to watch out for.

Matachopas 05-12-2011 06:33 PM

The panguero big grin says it all ... Not funny though!

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/...o/P8140029.jpg

cww180 05-12-2011 07:07 PM

Ouch that sucks!

rojodiablo 05-12-2011 07:15 PM

At least they are inexpensive. If it were an expensive gun like a Wong, you'd have even more reason to pitch a bitch.

But I hear 2pc guns are all the rage!

MAKO Spearguns 05-12-2011 11:03 PM

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We will be arranging a replacement as soon as we can get in contact with our customer.

Regardless of how the grip was broken, the customer will receive a brand new replacement.

Of course we will request that the handle be returned to us for inspection (and we will pay for the return shipping), but we have found no manufacturing defects in any previous handles.

These same grips have been on the market in several different countries for several years before MAKO became an authorized distributor. And, I can assure you the feedback from thousands of owners of these grips has been overwhelmingly positive.

Since becoming a distributor of these grips (3 years ago), MAKO alone has sold over 2,000 of these grips and this is something that is very rarely seen. This type of damage, under normal use, is certainly not expected from even years of hard use.

Sometimes gear breaks, accidents happen and heavens knows our customers put our gear through a torture test while climbing over rocks, pounding around in boats (and who knows what else) but we will always stand behind our gear.

Our warranty Policy is as follows:

All Mako Spearguns (Railguns) include a 3 year no questions asked warranty. Even if your gun falls out of your truck while driving down the freeway, we will repair it or replace it at no charge. I don’t care if the gun was run over by a baggage handler at the airport. I will repair it or replace it. You just pay for shipping. We obviously can’t cover normal wear and tear on bands, mono or the occasional bent shaft. However, our warranty is the best in the industry.

Thanks!

Dano

LoGiiCz 05-12-2011 11:13 PM

:thumps::thumps: Im glad I made my last purchase with your company Dano!:thumps::thumps: