Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Spearfishing Regulations This area is for the topic of existing or proposed Spearfishing Regulations.

Old 09-18-2006, 10:27 AM   #16
Quetzal
Allen Hendrick

Quetzal's Avatar

Location: Greenville SC
Re: Suggestion for DNR Link Sticky

Pat I agree. It looks like some mod has allready changed the title partially to Worldwide Spearing Rules Websites but whoever you were you need to change it where the title shows up under the forum list.
Pat I don't think I can do that, or at least I don't know how to.
__________________
Allen Hendrick
Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt.
Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth.
E-mail me at cahendrick@gmail.com
FRA!!!!!
Quetzal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:06 PM   #17
Quetzal
Allen Hendrick

Quetzal's Avatar

Location: Greenville SC
Re: Suggestion for DNR Link Sticky

Added To And Edited Belize. & Mexico
If You Find Something, While Searching Please Pm Me And I'll Post It.
I Try Not To Post Unofficial Links Unless The Official Link Can't Be Found And There Is Consensus That The Information Linked Is Correct. Then If I Do Post An Unofficial Link I Will Warn You.
__________________
Old 10-18-2006, 02:04 AM   #18
Quetzal

Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 12:18:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: "James Azueta" <jamesazueta_bz@yahoo.com> Add to Address Book Add
Subject: Re: Spearing questions
To: "Allen Hendrick" <cahendrick@yahoo.com>
Dear Allen:

Only sports fishing using a tourist guide.

Regards

James

Allen Hendrick <cahendrick@yahoo.com> wrote:
Thank you for your response.
So as a tourist would I be able to do any type of fishing?
Thanks
Allen Hendrick

James Azueta <jamesazueta_bz@yahoo.com> wrote:
Dear Allen:

The regulations are indirect. Using a speargun etc. is going equiped with the intent to fish. In order to fish you need a fishing license which can only be obtained by residents and Belizeans. You are right, the regulation is not clear but should be addressed with the redrafting of our fishing regulations.

Any other queries do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards

James

Allen Hendrick <cahendrick@yahoo.com> wrote:

Dear Sir,
Thank you for your response quoted below. But I can't locate anywhere it says whether you can or can't spear while freediving, not on scuba, and what equipment is allowable. ie spearguns, hawaian slig, polespear etc. would you please direct me to the exact location of the rules pertaining to this.
Thank You

Respectfully

Allen Hendrick

Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 08:14:59 -0800 (PST)
From: "James Azueta" <jamesazueta_bz@yahoo.com> Add to Address Book Add Mobile
Subject: Online fisheries Regulations
To: cahendrick@yahoo.com

Dear Mr. Hendrick:

You can find the fisheries online regulations at www.belizelaw.org under Chapter 210 being the substantive and Chapter 210s the subsidiary.

Regards

James Azueta

James Azueta
Fisheries Officer
Ecosystems Management Unit Coordinator
Belize Fisheries Department
P.O. Box 148
Belize City, Belize

Phone: 501-223-2623/224-4552/223-2187
Fax:501-2232983
Cell: 501-620-2383

Email: jamesazueta_bz@yahoo.com
From: "Dan Silva" <minister@btl.net> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
To: "allen hendrick" <cahendrick@yahoo.com>, "Bev WADE" <bawade@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: ONLINE FISHING REGULATIONS
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 23:13:29 -0600

Hi Allen,]
I am forwarding your request to the Fisheries Administrator , Ms Beverly Wade.

Sincerely
Dan Silva
Old 11-13-2006, 10:39 AM   #19
Quetzal
Allen Hendrick

Quetzal's Avatar

Location: Greenville SC
Re: Worldwide Spearing Regulations Websites

Title finaly changed. Thanks to richhermes.
__________________
Old 12-05-2006, 09:37 AM   #20
Tedbudion
Registered User

Tedbudion's Avatar

Location: Under water, preferably.
Re: Worldwide Spearing Regulations Websites

Brazil: http://www.ibama.gov.br/pndpa/
Tedbudion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 06:08 PM   #21
Quetzal
Allen Hendrick

Quetzal's Avatar

Location: Greenville SC
Re: Worldwide Spearing Regulations Websites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedbudion
Brazil added.
__________________
Old 12-05-2006, 06:31 PM   #22
ROBERTO REYES
MAN OVERBOARD

ROBERTO REYES's Avatar

Location: San Juan,Puerto Rico
Re: Worldwide Spearing Regulations Websites

Puerto Rico
http://www.caribbeanfmc.com/dner%20f...gs/Rgl6768.pdf

USVI
Saint Croix

http://www.caribbeanfmc.com/Puerto%20Rico.htm

some will be on the web site later in English.(http://www.drna.gobierno.pr/LeyesReg...gl6768_Eng.pdf)
ROBERTO REYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:10 PM   #23
Man-O-War
Lothario

Man-O-War's Avatar

Location: Palm Beach FL
Re: Worldwide Spearing Regulations Websites

ITALY: http://www.apneamagazine.com/articolo.php/516 (in italian tho)

Basically no spearfishing on scuba (only freediving), and you gotta be at least 17 years old, etc, etc
Man-O-War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 06:38 PM   #24
Quetzal
Allen Hendrick

Quetzal's Avatar

Location: Greenville SC
Re: Worldwide Spearing Regulations Websites

Added Italy. BUT WARNING NOT OFFICIAL
Thanks Stinger
__________________
Allen Hendrick
Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt.
Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth.
E-mail me at cahendrick@gmail.com
FRA!!!!!

Last edited by QUETZAL; 12-09-2006 at 07:39 PM.
Quetzal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 06:44 PM   #25
Quetzal
Allen Hendrick

Quetzal's Avatar

Location: Greenville SC
Re: Worldwide Spearing Regulations Websites

Added Puerto Rico, Thanks Roberto.
__________________
Old 12-09-2006, 07:29 PM   #26
Quetzal
Allen Hendrick

Quetzal's Avatar

Location: Greenville SC
Re: Worldwide Spearing Regulations Websites

Added:
Northern Mariana Islands

British Columbia
Newfoundland
Nova Scotia
Ontario
Saskatchewan
Yukon Territories
Tasmania

Updated :Alberta
__________________
Old 12-10-2006, 04:50 PM   #27
virgili
Registered User

virgili's Avatar

Location: Canada
Re: Worldwide Spearing Regulations Websites

FRANCE & CORSICA- not allowed: under 16 years/ scuba/ nightfishing/ using a torch/ grouper/ without annual licence/...during a certain period according to some areas (for ex. from Nov. to April).
virgili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 06:24 PM   #28
ROBERTO REYES
MAN OVERBOARD

ROBERTO REYES's Avatar

Location: San Juan,Puerto Rico
Re: Worldwide Spearing Regulations Websites

Very useful thread, thanks Allen
ROBERTO REYES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 05:54 AM   #29
virgili
Registered User

virgili's Avatar

Location: Canada
Re: Worldwide Spearing Regulations Websites

Thank's Quetzal for: "http://www.apneamagazine.com/articolo.php/516"

This italian article describes only new penalties (for ex: in selling the fish, using tank..). Regulations in Italy and in Spain/ Porugal are about the same as in France. I Have some contacts in countries close to Mediterranean Sea and I'll check thoroughly.
NO SCUBA is a common/ historical basis in these countries.
virgili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 03:29 PM   #30
inletsurf
Senior Member

inletsurf's Avatar

Location: Melboring, Florida
Re: Worldwide Spearing Regulations Websites

This is one hell of a thread, thanks for the hard work man!!
inletsurf is offline   Reply With Quote

Bookmarks

Rate This Thread: