Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Boating > All About Diving and Fishing Boats

All About Diving and Fishing Boats We sure love boats for what we do! This forum is for boating related discussion from engines to ladders to trailers to propellers and the list goes on and on.....

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-30-2009, 11:22 PM   #46
Toledo970

Re: Dusky Project

Louis,
can you post all those updated pics here too, if it's ok with SB. I don't wish to become a member at the Hull Truth(I am reading the thread), but I'm interested in the progress of your boat. Thanx.
Toledo970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:54 AM   #47
Louis Rossignol
HELL DIVERS

Pics of progress.

Yesterday, we worked on this project from 10 in the morning to 10 at night. And when I got home, somehow, I was drunk. So typing wasn't working.

The pics and I may not be in order, console off, prepping the bottom of it so it will fit the floor flush. I made the decision last night to let my fiberglass man drop the console back on the floor and use whatever adhesive he wants to use.

Hole in box, I don't know if Dusky built this wooden piece of shit or not. But my buddy blew a hole in it with an air gun.

That long peice of delaminated glass, the fiberglass man peeled that right out of the strake that has been giving me the most problems. On the back side it has all kinds of hair, he says "they either didn't use enough resin or their resin was defective".

Axles, while the boat is off the trailer, I was going to try to clean up the axles and paint them. I have the Rust Converter and all that crap, so we start beating the rust off of them and see a nice sized hole in each one. I'm going to Slidell today to a trailer place that says they have 2 axles just like I need minus the hub for $390.00 a peice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	101_2063.jpg
Views:	709
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	100943   Click image for larger version

Name:	101_2059.jpg
Views:	711
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	100944   Click image for larger version

Name:	101_2067.jpg
Views:	699
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	100945   Click image for larger version

Name:	101_2069.jpg
Views:	753
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	100946   Click image for larger version

Name:	101_2070.jpg
Views:	739
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	100947  

DISCLAIMER: "My spearfishing is entirely legal in the geographic area within which I dive. If you don't like my pictures, posts or website then don't look. I will NOT waste any more bandwidth on this board (or my valuable drinking time) to argue with you ass clowns about it".

http://www.TheRokZone.com/

http://www.HellDivers.org/
Louis Rossignol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:30 AM   #48
Nate Baker

Louis,

Are you going to refill it with foam after the new stringers go in?
Old 05-01-2009, 01:41 PM   #49
Louis Rossignol
HELL DIVERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomol View Post
louis,

are you going to refill it with foam after the new stringers go in?
yes.

DISCLAIMER: "My spearfishing is entirely legal in the geographic area within which I dive. If you don't like my pictures, posts or website then don't look. I will NOT waste any more bandwidth on this board (or my valuable drinking time) to argue with you ass clowns about it".

Old 05-01-2009, 03:36 PM   #50
Toledo970

Thanx.
Toledo970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:11 PM   #51
kmoose
Team Headhunter

Alright Rok, enough of this bullsh*t! Lifetime hull warrantees are warm and fuzzy, feel good sales gimmicks. They are not intended to cover some crazy coonass that overloads a 25 foot sporty boat with 20 dive tanks, 600 lbs of Ice, 4 coonass associates and launches it 10 feet into mid air off every 6 foot swell and shrimp boat wake he comes across. This boat was no more designed for you than an all you can eat fried catfish buffet or a 10 dollar cover open bar. So stop pouting and move on to your next victim. This ain’t the first hunk of fiberglass you’ve broken, and it won’t be the last.
Not many hulls will take the abuse hardcore folks like us will expect them to endure. Most of us have a gallon of resin, rolls of glass and gelcoat that we drag out on an annual basis to patch, grind and sand the battle scars and cracks we cause on our bloodwagons. On top of it all, the 80s where the absolute worst years for crappy built plastic boats, no matter who built them. Blow chop crap, cheap as they could build them.
I love ya Rok, but you’ve broke better boats than this one. This ain’t Dusky’s fault.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:41 AM   #52
Tyler Durden
1st rule: Don't Talk.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoose View Post
I love ya Rok, but you’ve broke better boats than this one. This ain’t Dusky’s fault.
I agree with you for the most part, Kenny, but Louis's problem has shown me that Dusky's are much more poorly designed boats that I have ever imagined. I agree that asking Dusky for any type of compensation or warranty is like pissing in a fan, but I've learned a hell of a lot about this manufacturer through the hull truth thread.
Tyler Durden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 10:24 AM   #53
Smudge
Squid

I gotta agree with TD. My brother-in-law is looking for a boat right now and there isn't a chance in hell I'd let him buy a Dusky. Not even a new one with that customer service!
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:37 AM   #54
Louis Rossignol
HELL DIVERS

Kenny, I'm not pouting, I'm rebuilding. And just showing my progress. Hopefully tomorrow my baby will come home with me.

Besides, we only put 16 tanks on it at a time.

Last edited by Louis Rossignol; 05-20-2009 at 05:48 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:27 PM   #55
Mobile Diver

Good idea on the axles Louis. Seen many trailers by the roadside with broken ones. You must be going to Champion trailers in Slidell. They are great folks. You can also buy hubs from them with already installed pre-greased bearings & seals. Can save a lot of time.
305 849 0866
Mobile Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:50 PM   #56
kmoose
Team Headhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Rossignol View Post
Kenny, I'm not pouting, I'm rebuilding. And just showing my progress. Hopefully tomorrow my baby will come home with me.

Besides, we only put 16 tanks on it at a time.
Rok,
You know I'm just funning with you brother. I'm sorry you're having to lay out cash to fix your ride as there is nothing funny about that. All in all, you'll know what you have under you when you're done and you'll feel allot better about it.

Kenny
Old 05-20-2009, 09:19 PM   #57
Louis Rossignol
HELL DIVERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoose View Post
Rok,
You know I'm just funning with you brother. I'm sorry you're having to lay out cash to fix your ride as there is nothing funny about that. All in all, you'll know what you have under you when you're done and you'll feel allot better about it.

Kenny
Thanks, Bro!!!

One day we'll hit he 400 footers in search of giant warsaws, you and Headhunter will be there. That day will live in infamy.

Old 05-23-2009, 07:21 PM   #58
Louis Rossignol
HELL DIVERS

Look at this shit,,,,,,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	phot2o.jpg
Views:	722
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	102901   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (Large).jpg
Views:	746
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	102902  

Old 05-23-2009, 07:27 PM   #59
Mattedhead
Matt Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Rossignol View Post
Look at this shit,,,,,,
Something tells me that Dusky badge ended up in the bottom of that basin!!!
Mattedhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 07:44 PM   #60
Smudge
Squid

Rok's boat is proof that with enough money, sweat and material you really can polish a turd! Looks good!!
Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote