Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > The Spearboard Tavern > Off Topic Area

Off Topic Area Enjoy a virtual beer at the bar, and talk about anything else on your mind that may not pertain to spearfishing.

Old 01-20-2021, 07:43 PM   #226
OBLIGATED

Re: Financial/Investments

I had my son come by my neighbors to look at an older pontoon boat he had bought and lost interest.24 ft with a 115 Mercury.Trailer and tires are in great shape and the boat was actually kept up.Engine needs some work(probably carbs)and a good cleaning and she will be ready to cruise till I sell it.
If it was 18-20 ft with a 4 stroke I would probably keep it.Should make a nice chunk for my boat fund.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	24pontoon.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	246587  
Old 01-28-2021, 05:07 PM   #227
Marcus
Naval gazer extraordinair

WILD day in the PM markets today (AG, MUX). Reddit crowd decided to get into the PM market. My portfolio ended up >20% today.
Check out what they did to GME, NOK, and AMC.
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”
― Frederic Bastiat, The Law

Last edited by Marcus; 01-28-2021 at 05:57 PM.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 09:08 AM   #228
fishfan

If they can do that to PM's, I'm going to retire!!!
Old 01-29-2021, 01:15 PM   #229
OBLIGATED

After seeing gamestop go nuts my oldest son wants to invest.I asked him how much he has been putting away in the Schwab account the wife set up for him.Cant invest if you dont put something away!It dont matter if its 50 bucks a month put something away and dont waste it on stupid crap.
Right now Im content to buy boats or Harleys.Bring them up to good working order and let them go.
Still going with the modified Dave Ramsey plan.No debt that can not be paid within a few months.I have credit cards to keep track of spending and let my relatives use them for construction materials which I get points for.
No new vehicles boats or trucks.No new car smell or the latest design but they all will go anywhere without issue and no payment.
I do have my eye on a sailboat I want to make an offer on but I dont think the wife is buying the "investment"sales pitch I gave the other night.
Relative just jumped into another marriage,lake house that needed renovating and a brand new Raptor pickup with no equity in anything.I have seen this play out before and its not pretty.Wife and I both agreed its not our business or problem financially.
Theres a reason I moved here and considered to live on a sailboat or trawler.One reason was I love the mountains and the ocean.The other reason was to avoid certain relatives that are parasites or trouble.
Old 01-30-2021, 04:35 PM   #230
Marcus

This is getting VERY interesting. Robin Hood brokerage appears to be in deep shit due their obvious corruption being exposed. Now this is moving to silver and PM's. If successful in breaking the naked shorts there will be a HUGE fall out. TPTB are scared. Silver and PM's will rocket.

Reddit Preparing To Unleash "World's Biggest Short Squeeze" In Silver

Revolution, Revenge Of The Nerds, Or The Matrix Reloaded?
“If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind?”

Last edited by Marcus; 01-30-2021 at 04:45 PM.
Old 01-31-2021, 12:37 PM   #231
sharpshooter

Been putting mine in ammo stocks. Went to the Florida Gun Show at the state fair grounds in Tampa.Fl. last week. One table had 50 rd. boxes of Federal Premium .45 ACP 230 grain Tactical HST for $120/box. Yep, that's right $120 box. Good luck even finding reloading components online. Ex. brass, bullets, powder. Primers are the hardest to find. Found one table selling CCI large rifle primers for $20 per a box of 100. Should be $4-$5 for 100 primers. Went back by about 30 min. later. All boxes sold. Just check www.gunbroker.com prices to see how crazy prices are. Now's the time to sell that firearm you don't like or ever use.
sharpshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 05:57 PM   #232
Marcus

It's going to be a wild day in silver tomorrow. The zoomers have awakened to how much manipulation the PM market has been incurring ...especially silver. It's way undervalued.
If they break this corruption, shit's off the chain yo. IMO, burn this corrupt parasitical financial edifice of the common man to the ground. Anyone with half a brain can see how the central bankers have destroyed the middle class over the past 50 yrs or so.
Disclaimer: I'm in EXK, AG, and MUX
Thinking about buying some PSLV tomorrow.
F'in let 'er rip!
Old 01-31-2021, 06:02 PM   #233
Gary H
gangsta' speargun pioneer

I was able to make a little bit of money on SWBI recently. I do a lot more dry fire practice now days and a lot less live fire. I have a fair supply of both FMJ and SD to hopefully last till ammo prices settle down a bit. I'm scared to sell any of it because I don't know how long that will be

I never considered reloading in the past, but seriously considering it in the future. Watch POWW towards 3rd quarter, their stock might take off and then drop right back down - buy low, sell high.

Edit: VSTO has been holding pretty good, but if not in already ...

Fishing is like sex, you don't have to be good at it to enjoy it.
Gary H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 09:20 PM   #234
OBLIGATED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpshooter View Post
Been putting mine in ammo stocks. Went to the Florida Gun Show at the state fair grounds in Tampa.Fl. last week. One table had 50 rd. boxes of Federal Premium .45 ACP 230 grain Tactical HST for $120/box. Yep, that's right $120 box. Good luck even finding reloading components online. Ex. brass, bullets, powder. Primers are the hardest to find. Found one table selling CCI large rifle primers for $20 per a box of 100. Should be $4-$5 for 100 primers. Went back by about 30 min. later. All boxes sold. Just check www.gunbroker.com prices to see how crazy prices are. Now's the time to sell that firearm you don't like or ever use.
My boys are actively looking for powder,primers and bullets to run my Dillon 550b.I have brass in big coffee cans,boxes and ammo cans.My stash is off limits now.
Oldest just got a 1000 small pistol primers since he bought a Springfield Armory 9MM pistol.He has a 1911 he wants to feed too so he better get shopping.
Old 02-01-2021, 07:28 AM   #235
sharpshooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary H View Post
I was able to make a little bit of money on SWBI recently. I do a lot more dry fire practice now days and a lot less live fire. I have a fair supply of both FMJ and SD to hopefully last till ammo prices settle down a bit. I'm scared to sell any of it because I don't know how long that will be

I never considered reloading in the past, but seriously considering it in the future. Watch POWW towards 3rd quarter, their stock might take off and then drop right back down - buy low, sell high.

Edit: VSTO has been holding pretty good, but if not in already ...
VSTO earnings comes out this week on FEb. 4th. I'm also holding POWW. Earnings date is FEb. 16th.. Looks like they're going to be exporting 7.62mm too. Usually, sell on the day of good news.
Old 02-01-2021, 07:48 AM   #236
sharpshooter

Just sent a PM to Obligated and Gary H. Check your in boxes.
Old 02-01-2021, 04:28 PM   #237
OBLIGATED

I dont like the idea of PMs on paper instead of in my hand but I bought some PSLV this morning.
Went into town and after doing my errands went by the gun store and picked up a EAA 357 single action in stainless.I have a lot of lead bullets to shoot 38s at a reasonable price.
Same Glock 19 gen 5 I just bought was 100 bucks more today.
I got one pontoon polished before the snow came.Have to wait a few days to get in the 40s to hit the other side.Its a dirty job but the tubes went from satin silver to almost new chrome finish.Probably have it sold before spring if I get a few decent days to finish polishing, soaking the carbs and changing the fuel lines.In between Ill keep making offers on boats.

Last edited by OBLIGATED; 02-01-2021 at 05:47 PM.
OBLIGATED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 08:33 AM   #238
Gary H

BassPro/Cabelas stopped shipping ammo to your house a couple of weeks ago. I've been checking the on-line inventory for my sort-of local BassPro, and if accurate, their in-store inventory looks like it is slowly coming back. No 9mm nor 45, but 40S&W and surprisingly 223 in 100 to 150 qty boxes at far lower prices than I've found on the internet.

Old 02-12-2021, 03:59 AM   #239
Gary H

Got lucky to be in the right place at the right time - I bought some Tilray @25.74 last Friday thinking it was going to be a good long term investment. I sold it after hours on Wednesday night @74.01

It closed at ~$32 Thursday. I plan to watch it a while and probably jump back in again for long term.

Last edited by Gary H; 02-12-2021 at 07:23 AM.
Old 02-12-2021, 07:18 PM   #240
Marcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary H View Post
Got lucky to be in the right place at the right time - I bought some Tilray @25.74 last Friday thinking it was going to be a good long term investment. I sold it after hours on Wednesday night @74.01

It closed at ~$32 Thursday. I plan to watch it a while and probably jump back in again for long term.
Damn lucky. Most would've held onto that position from a tech analysis standpoint...including my greedy ass.