Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > United States Geographical Locations > Northern Atlantic: New England States

Northern Atlantic: New England States An area for the cold water divers of the New England States.

Old 05-03-2016, 10:26 AM   #1
Avc0002

New to New England (Portsmouth, NH)

hey there,

brand new member on here. I just realized my account got verified a few months ago. oops.

But new to New Hampshire as the title states.
I'm pretty new to spear fishing been scuba certified since I was 16 (I'm 26 now). excited about living so close to the coast moved up here from Alabama so once it warms up a bit I'll be looking to you guys for guidance for spots to go and rules I need to follow.

Cheers
Avc0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 12:03 PM   #2
Newbspearfisher

Re: New to New England (Portsmouth, NH)

Welcome to the boards Avc0002, I know some people do dive NH but you will find far more people dive Southern MA and RI with a few people who dive Northern MA (myself included). your best bet to make a few connections is to head to one of the tournaments this spring and talk to people. Mass Invitational is a good meet to go to as it is less competitive and more to get new people into diving and shaking off the rust from winter. I haven't seen the tournament schedule this year yet but it will likely be posted soon.

good luck and dive safe
Mark
Newbspearfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 03:05 PM   #3
Postyoa28

Info for Mass Invitational is as follows. I've been meaning to make a post so there will be one up tonight.

---

I would like to invite all spearos to compete in the 2016 Massachusetts Invitational on SATURDAY May 28th at Sekonnet Point in Little Compton, RI. Check in closes at 8:45 am followed by the safety meeting, fishing begins at 9:00 am and ends at 2:00 pm. Weigh-ins to follow.

From tournament regulars to entry level spearos, everyone is welcome. The spirit of this meet is less rigorous and not as competitive as the Open tournaments. The goal is to involve all spear fisherman and introduce some new divers to the meets who have not competed before. You do not have to be a member of a regional spearfishing club to enter this meet, although it is recommended. This meet does not count towards the North Atlantic Championship series.

Awards for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place finish as well as Largest Fish. Prizes from our wonderful Sponsors along with items provided by the Mass Freedivers Club will be awarded to contestants after the scores are tallied.

Entry fee is $20

This is a kayak or paddleboard meet (muscle powered craft only), shore diving is allowed.

REQUIRED ITEMS:
-Dive Flag (12 x 15 inches minimum)
-Knife
-Whistle
-Compass
-Signaling Device
-Life Jacket (Kayak/Paddleboard only)

Feel free to invite a friend or two!

We hope to see you there.
Postyoa28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 05:25 PM   #4
See-three

I'll down for meeting up sometime, I dive all of NH's coast, I live in North Hampton.
See-three is offline   Reply With Quote