Home Tournaments Calendar Weather Merchandise Sponsors

Go Back   Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum > Spearfishing Gear > All About Guns

All About Guns What's your weapon of choice, and why? Discuss the beloved speargun here!

Old 12-28-2020, 09:44 AM   #46
Diving Gecko
Shooter & Shooter

New Abellan Denton 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodama View Post
Does anyone know if these are the new Abellan Denton spearguns produced under a new brand name? I asked them directly but never received an answer.
The seem almost identical in design now made in CF with Ermes DR trigger and what looks like an improved handle.
fusilesorca.com
and they have seemed to get rid of the metal muzzle plate. Maybe because of the above mentioned issues???

Isn’t the Orca Spanish?
I remember chatting to someone about a year ago who was indeed making what looked like a CF Abellan and I wanted to get a feel for if they had some sort of permission or acceptance to do so and was told they did indeed.
Maybe I’m mixing up the brands, I lost a laptop and a ton of data, chat history and so on.

The Abellan in this thread was supposed to be the “American Abellan” but besides hearing that the partners behind it had invested in an industrial CNC router and supposedly were in the phase of getting it up and running I don’t know much. That was a few years ago by now so I guess the endeavor somehow stranded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Diving Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 03:24 AM   #47
kodama

Re: New Abellan Denton 2019

Yes Orca is Spanish just as the original Abellan. Didn’t even know there was an American version out there.
kodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 03:30 AM   #48
Diving Gecko
Shooter & Shooter

New Abellan Denton 2019

Quote:
Yes Orca is Spanish just as the original Abellan. Didn’t even know there was an American version out there.

Well, there isn’t sadly but there was supposed to be. Maybe @Greekdiver or someone else can lay the speculation to rest with an update?

As for Orca, then it was the guy I talked to. I think they dive in the Gibraltar straits a lot. He said his gun was not made under license and was not an Abellan but he did signal that it was done with Victor’s blessing.

Old 12-29-2020, 04:10 AM   #49
doyenofcastle

They look almost same except handle and muzzle ,SS muzzle is the abellan signature without that it become a regular wood speargun ,it need only high polish to avoid the scratch to rubbed and lines
doyenofcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 08:10 PM   #50
LuisPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diving Gecko View Post
Well, there isn’t sadly but there was supposed to be. Maybe @Greekdiver or someone else can lay the speculation to rest with an update?

As for Orca, then it was the guy I talked to. I think they dive in the Gibraltar straits a lot. He said his gun was not made under license and was not an Abellan but he did signal that it was done with Victor’s blessing.

Got a teak 120 Denton from Harry back in May. Very very happy with the purchase. I’ll never use another gun after shooting this one.
LuisPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 05:15 AM   #51
kodama

Always liked the Denton. Used one of my buddies a couple of times but if I had to choose between the two now there’s no doubt I would prefer the Orca. With a better trigger and handle as a standard performance will be improved. Especially the handle of the Denton wasn’t ideal for me. The carbon fibre is more stable and requires less maintenance too. They really seem almost identical in shape.
I wonder what the core of the Or a guns is made of? Wood or foam, anybody has any info on that?
kodama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 01:50 PM   #52
fredfoes

Hello

I contacted them in the spring

Hola muy buenas, le paso los precios de los nuevos fusiles Orca evo(PRECIO PROMOCION DE SALIDA)
Medida 100-660€
Medida 110-670€
Medida 120-680€

Descripción:
Fuste de carbono 100%, mecanismo abellan, carrete Lgsub(50/100m), empuñadura anatómica de resina, varilla hunt 7,5/8mm, gomas cressi pure scarlet/brown.

Fusil se envía contrapesado.

No incluido coste de envío, ni cabo de carrete.

Otherwise you also have Akdeniz Wooden Spearguns, you can see a lot of pictures on facebook, some rifles were sent to Gérard grave in Papeete in French Polynesia

https://www.facebook.com/akdenizspea...=page_internal

Last edited by fredfoes; 01-01-2021 at 02:01 PM.
fredfoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 10:33 PM   #53
Diving Gecko
Shooter & Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisPR View Post
Got a teak 120 Denton from Harry back in May. Very very happy with the purchase. I’ll never use another gun after shooting this one.

US made or a Spanish one?

Old 01-03-2021, 04:14 AM   #54
LuisPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diving Gecko View Post
US made or a Spanish one?

US made.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E4C5D96B-A4DE-4B76-BF95-0D6FDA5ED6C1.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	141.8 KB
ID:	246464  
LuisPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 10:58 AM   #55
Diving Gecko
Shooter & Shooter

New Abellan Denton 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisPR View Post
US made.

That’s good news. I guess it means the whole thing did work out in the end?

I’m surprised we haven’t seen it mentioned here or perhaps I missed it.

Last edited by Diving Gecko; 01-10-2021 at 10:55 AM.
Old 01-10-2021, 11:07 AM   #56
Diving Gecko
Shooter & Shooter

Quote:

Just to make it clear, on this whole thread this new Abellan with the upgrades Majd mentioned is indeed “the American Abellan”, haha. Greekdiver is, afaik, living in the US and the partners behind this endeavor are, too.
(I could be mistaken, I’m “only” about 93.7% sure of this;-))