View Single Post
Old 01-08-2021, 02:11 PM   #221
OBLIGATED

Re: Financial/Investments

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan View Post
I just sold a bunch of handguns and a few long guns, there comes a point when you can actually have too many. Taking the money and looking to buy a few higher quality guns in calibers I don't have.
Besides, now that now I'm a FL resident I have to have the right pig hunting gun
Will probably end up building a nice .308 with a nice night vision optic.
At one time I was at around 60 firearms.Now Im at half that.I dont want to buy a bigger safe or move the one I have so Im going to sell some that I rarely if ever use and probably get the NV setup.We have lots of coyotes across the road and hogs are getting plentiful enough to play at night and get some meat.
When I lived in Floriduh I went from a 30-06 to a 30-30 and then went to 12ga. with #4 buck and my pistols.Too damned hot to carry a heavy gun and drag a hog.
Airboat solved a lot of problems.Dog grabs the hog,you stab the hog or put a bullet in the head,pull the boat up and flip him into the boat.We did dogs walking and sticking them with a spear too.Last hog I killed in Okeechobee was a loong way from the truck and was 175#.Last one I dragged!I dont miss moccasins or the pygmy rattlers a bit.We ate the Diamondbacks.