Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum

Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum (http://www.spearboard.com/index.php)
-   USOA 2006 Freedive Spearfishing National Championships (http://www.spearboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   Still in shock...... (http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=32167)

Bucket One 07-21-2006 10:11 PM

Still in shock......

3 Attachment(s)
I don't even know where to start. This has got to be the biggest award that I've ever got. All I can start to say is WOW!!!!!

The stories are endless that we could tell of this adventure that we just had.

I would like to give a huge thanks to a few people. When I first got down to miami on saturday evening JC and his wife Anna hooked me up with a place to stay and then we did a little spearing just south of the zone on sunday. Emil showed up to do some spearing with us and he wanted to show me how he draw's those south florida fish into him. It appears that a newport cig will throw the sent off you to distract a fish long enough to shot. :D
Myself and JC got a twim pair or 14 lb kingfish and Emil picked up a few hogs and margates for a good little dinner. I also showed them what the meaning of Red Tide means. ;)

I would also like to thank Jason W for putting me up for the rest of the week and being a awesome captain and host.

The tourney was a blast and there are so many stories to tell I just don't know where to even begin. Well except that a bull shark took 21 points from me and hurt my point total. :mad:

Here are a few pics of the three of us with the Churchill trophy. :thumps:

Bucket One 07-21-2006 10:16 PM

Re: Still in shock......

2 Attachment(s)
Here are the 2nd and 3rd place teams.
The first picture is the 2nd place team and the next picture is the 3rd place team. These guys were less then one point from 2nd and 3rd place teams.

Bucket One 07-21-2006 10:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture with former national champions Scott Turgeon and Andrew Geist with there team partner Fabricio Bueno. It was really good to see these guys again and have dinner at the same table as them. It was also really cool to finally meet Angelos (frogman) who drove the boat for them.

Bucket One 07-21-2006 10:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is John Bettua aka BAB breaking it down on the dance floor right before the salsa dancing got going. :eek:

richhermes 07-21-2006 10:24 PM

Congrats Ritchie! F-ing AWESOME!

Bucket One 07-21-2006 10:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's Speedy after a few to many drinks enjoying his center peice prize from the table that he won. :D

Spear One 07-21-2006 10:27 PM

Man, what an incredible accomplishment. Congrats!

Mobile Diver 07-21-2006 11:04 PM

Great goin' Ritchie. National champ - what an accompishment! :thumps: :thumps: :thumps:

Wil 07-21-2006 11:14 PM

congrats Ritchie. looks like a good time was had by all.

Nikki 07-22-2006 07:07 AM

Congrats Ritchie - that is AWESOME!

rsmithsss 07-22-2006 07:14 AM

That's one big a$$ trophy. Congats!

peterv 07-22-2006 11:28 AM

Big congratulations, Ritchie ! Well done.

Now that you're a famous California Team champion are you gonna wear a purple speedo & hang out with movie stars and BillMac ?

jeepshapes 07-22-2006 04:37 PM

congrats

f94gator 07-22-2006 08:02 PM

Good job, man. Congrats!

Im1chunkymunky 07-22-2006 08:11 PM

what a great team!