Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum

Spearboard.com - The World's Largest Spearfishing Diving Boating Social Media Forum (http://www.spearboard.com/index.php)
-   Florida Gulfcoast Spearfishing (http://www.spearboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Dan, any new Head Hunter videos coming soon? (http://www.spearboard.com/showthread.php?t=200875)

sharpshooter 01-18-2021 08:15 AM

Dan, any new Head Hunter videos coming soon?

Just wondering?

CatDiver 01-18-2021 09:14 AM

Re: Dan, any new Head Hunter videos coming soon?

I'm with you. Had a nice run of videos all summer. Some great middle grounds and deep dive footage. I'm always interested to see whatever they upload.

Gary Schulte 01-25-2021 12:24 AM

I’m guessing that Dan did the video drop and now is shooting more fish and video

HeadHunter 01-27-2021 08:01 AM

Hey guys, with Covid still impacting the Restaurants, fish demand and prices are down. Add in the exceptionally rough weather we've been having and not much diving has been getting done.

We did do a two day shallow trip last week and while the fish were plentiful, the visibility was sub par, lots of sediment in the water. Water temps were in the mid 50's.

I don't think there's much chance of any decent footage from that trip but I'll go through it soon.

I appreciate the thoughts and I'll def have some new stuff up as soon as possible.

Dan

sharpshooter 01-27-2021 10:32 AM

Dan, thanks for taking the time to reply. 2020 was a tough year even for diving. Any videos for 2020 you didn't post will be most welcomed. 2020 was a great year and into 2021 for ammo and gun manufacturing companies and people buying their stocks.

HeadHunter 02-01-2021 08:00 AM

Jose, I put up a new video yesterday. A dive from last week in 60'. I always enjoy those mid 50 degree water temps, lol. Dan

sharpshooter 02-01-2021 11:22 AM

Dan, found the video on u tube. You have over 3,000 views already. Thanks for the posting and tips.

jfjf 02-01-2021 12:04 PM

He's killing me with this stuff.

We all know the ONLY REASON he can get all these great fish is because he dives far off and super deep spots that nobody else can dive or spear.

Then he kills it in 60 feet. LOL

Thanks Jim!

Spear One 02-01-2021 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfjf (Post 2202210)
He's killing me with this stuff. We all know the ONLY REASON he can get all these great fish is because he dives far off and super deep spots that nobody else can dive or spear.Then he kills it in 60 feet. LOL

Yeah, he’s got plenty of spots all over the Gulf but I am certain he paid a lot of dues to accumulate them.

Gary Schulte 02-01-2021 04:44 PM

I’ve spent lots of time hunting in that warm 57 degree gulf water. I had the volume set to high but I failed to hear Dan’s teeth chattering. I’m surprised he didn’t check the holes out more. I used to carry a short gun with a light on the muzzle. In the winter the big gags like to cuddle up in those holes. Nothing like peering into one and having this big eyeball looking back

byrd 02-09-2021 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadHunter (Post 2202164)
I appreciate the thoughts and I'll def have some new stuff up as soon as possible.

Dan

I cant be the only one that would love to see some of the how's, why's, what gear, and behind the scenes stuff to see how you plan and setup your dives to help me have a better/safer time! Stuff you think is boring and second nature would def be appreciated for this hobbyist!

BTW, I just watched your 134# Black Grouper dive for about the 5th time. Great Job as always!!

Marco 02-10-2021 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadHunter (Post 2202208)
Jose, I put up a new video yesterday. A dive from last week in 60'. I always enjoy those mid 50 degree water temps, lol. Dan

Hey Dan,

Even if I'm a freediver, I love to watch your videos. There's nothing left to casuality and you definitely maximize your bottom time catching great fish.

Could someone share the link of the last video?

Thanks,

HeadHunter 02-19-2021 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfjf (Post 2202210)
He's killing me with this stuff.

We all know the ONLY REASON he can get all these great fish is because he dives far off and super deep spots that nobody else can dive or spear.

Then he kills it in 60 feet. LOL

LOl, thanks Jim!

HeadHunter 02-19-2021 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spear One (Post 2202215)
Yeah, he’s got plenty of spots all over the Gulf but I am certain he paid a lot of dues to accumulate them.

Thanks Kevin, funny how it works, the more time and effort I put into looking for spots, the more spots I find. You just never know, have been on 3 day trips and never found one new spot, and then the next trip, I'd find a dozen. Hope things are well with you guys!

HeadHunter 02-19-2021 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by byrd (Post 2202300)
I cant be the only one that would love to see some of the how's, why's, what gear, and behind the scenes stuff to see how you plan and setup your dives to help me have a better/safer time! Stuff you think is boring and second nature would def be appreciated for this hobbyist!

BTW, I just watched your 134# Black Grouper dive for about the 5th time. Great Job as always!!

Thanks Byrd, you make a great point. I'll def put some thought into that. Glad you're enjoying the videos!